[TenTec] Orion 2 Memory Question

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2 Memory Question
From: <w4tjegrunt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 21:07:48 -0400
Over the past year, my Orion 2 has developed a problem sending cw when using
the Send 1, Send 2, or Send 3 memories. I like to use the memory/send button to
call cq, so I’m looking for a solution. Any help appreciated.
I’m assuming this means the memory battery is going.
Up until recently, turning off the sweep before using the Send function helped,
but now that doesn’t help anymore.
It might help if I describe what is happening: The cw that it sends become
gibberish (even worse than my fist).

Also, in discussing portable radios earlier this week, or last weekend, someone
brought up the question of which band to leave out, if one had to be
sacrificed, when designing a small radio. I think the discussion was whether to
leave out 12 meters or top band.
For what it’s worth, I did a nighttime sota activation last Autumn, solely so
my buddies and I could do it on 80 meters and 160, and it was an absolute
blast. Now, we worked far more stns on 80, but we did work our share on top
band as well.
It was so much fun I plan to do another nighttime sota activation this coming
fall.
By the way, y’all should have seen the end fed wire that we used. It was so
long that it stretched halfway down the mountain, but it worked great.

73 de Jack W4TJE
Fancy Gap, VA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10