[TenTec] TEN TEC 960 Power Supply Capacitor

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TEN TEC 960 Power Supply Capacitor
From: "Reeve Family" <reevefamily@cogeco.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:08:06 -0400
I have a Model 960 Power Supply that I have had since new (28 years old) for
powering my Corsair II.

It has never given me any problems however recently it has started to
generate an over-heating kind of odor even during light use.

After the most recent occurrence , I shut it down, removed the cover and
found that the large capacitor can was noticeably warmer than I think it
should be.

Has anyone else experienced this? I presume this can should not be getting
hot in normal operation.

Is this a common failure at this age in the life of the power supply?

Does anyone know of an available replacement or equivalent for this
capacitor?

Given the number of these power supplies that TEN TEC manufactured, I gotta
think there is some background on this.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick VE3ORY