Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 163, Issue 18

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 163, Issue 18
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:58:33 -0400
Bandwidth is traded for latency. The sharper the bandwidth, the more processing time that is taken, thus increasing latency. Also slop factor on the DSP filters affects latency. The steeper the filter skirts, the more processing time is needed thus also increasing latency.

Dynamic range is all about the maximum voltage range that the DSP front end can handle before it goes into saturation.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com