[TenTec] ANOTHER Orion II Thread

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ANOTHER Orion II Thread
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 13:40:38 -0500
My Orion II has developed what acts like a a "dirty" push button contact in the PBT/BW encoder knob. Sometimes when I push it, the indicator toggles between PBT and BW, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it "stutters," and briefly toggles then goes back. All other encoders are fine and all other push buttons act as they should. I suspect the encoder has to be replaced, but is there anything I should try before replacing the encoder?

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." //– Attributed to many people; it’s so true that it doesn’t matter who said it./