[TenTec] Re [Ten Tec}OT - Entry Level for Boys

To: tentec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re [Ten Tec}OT - Entry Level for Boys
From: JAMES HANLON <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:25:37 -0600
I can't resist this.  Got my Novice Ticket in March, 1952 and my gear was an
HRO-50 and a home-brew 6AG7 tri-tet to a 6146 built into a BC-375 tuning unit.
My Dad bought the HRO for my older brother and me, and thanks to it I became an
EE and had a good career, thanks Pop!  My best crystal was a Bliley AX-2 at
3702.3.  I also had a 9 Mc PR that tripled into 11 meters.  I worked Alaska and
Hawaii from Kentucky with that.  I still have the HRO, a bit modified and
working well.  I even recreated my old transmitter a couple of years ago.  I
use the TX and Rx on the Classic Exchange which is coming up on 9/11 and 9/13.
See www.classicexchange.org for more information.

Jim, W8KGI