Re: [TenTec] Preselector, was: Re: Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Preselector, was: Re: Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 13:40:09 -0700
Hmmm. I don't see any specs at all, only one plot of response to a filter centered on 7078 kHz, with a very broad frequency scale, nothing to indicate the degree of attenuation at close spacing. No BFF responses. Nothing in the sales page either. Lotta stuff in the box, so it looks to be a bit of a bargain. BUT -- I suspect Pin One Problems -- they sell an interface that "provides galvanic isolation," rather than recommending bonding all equipment chassis together. Also, they say not to power from the rig supply. All of that sets off an alarm.

73, Jim K9YC