Re: [TenTec] Preselectors for SDR

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Preselectors for SDR
From: Gary F <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 12:07:32 -0500
Sherwood ranks the preselector in the Drake slightly poorer than the on in the
R-390, which is the only radio getting an A+ rating in this regard. I think his
rating is an accurate one.
The R-4C preselector was certainly far better than none but did not have as
many tuned stages as the one in the 390 had.

How about an SDR with an R-390 preselector in front of it!?!?
A stepper motor connected to the mN shaft, coupled to a computer based lookup
table to drive it based on the selected operating frequency would sure have
some appeal. One could even install the SDR inside the R-390 case since the
SDR's are so ugly anyway...

Gary

W0DVN

Sent from my iPad