[TenTec] BFO adj. Omni VI+ mark/space

To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] BFO adj. Omni VI+ mark/space
From: Harald Rester <harryrester@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 08:32:32 +0100
Due to significant offset between TX/RX I tried to align the BFO several times (tnx for advices from the list), but I´m not able to adjust the given frequencies for mark and space, only for CW TX, USB and LSB. The frequencies wont change with the trimmers and they are significantly off the frequencies given in the handbook.

Furthermore the offset changes between bands, e.g. on 160m and 40m TX and RX seems right, but on 80 I still have abt 300Hz offset. It´s just annoying to use RIT or XIT on different bands wether I call CQ or answer a call... Is the clue just the missing adjustment for mark/space? And how to adjust it properly?

The Omni is a 563 Opt.1.

Thanks for your advices!

73, Harald, DH1NBE