Re: [TenTec] Bring back the corsair

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Bring back the corsair
From: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:44:28 -0500
I think there's been some very valid points made in this discussion.  Either go
head-to-head with price/performance of the SDR competition, or offer a very
high-end analog rig and promote it as such.  Ten Tec could offer a
Hilberling-like transceiver at a fraction of the cost and easily do it with
better performance.

I would leverage circuitry from the KK7B and Tayloe designs.  Include a 2nd Rx
port for multiple purpose use including phase nulling of noise sources as an
alternative to ineffective DSP noise blankers that all-too-often add artifacts
to reception.  AC2IQ has developed a highly effective analog linearizer.
Include that too with with an external amplifier loop.

Paul, W9AC

Sent from my iPhone6