Re: [TenTec] Corsair I

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair I
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 07:48:15 -0500
Sounds like something changed on the bias for the finals.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 12/21/2016 2:07 AM, k7mks@comcast.net wrote:
My Corsair I draws 9-10 amps, on its panel meter set to measure "IC", when
first turned on with the TT power supply and the DRIVE pot FULL CCW and the ALC pot on
any position. There is NO power output, measured with the panel meter set to FWD, or by
using a Drake W4 Wattmeter. It does not take long for the heatsink to get hot to the
touch which is no surprise because it is drawing 9-10 ampl.

At this time if I increase DRIVE I start to get RF output and the IC reading
starts to increase from 9-10A to 15-18 with 100 W measured RF out. The ALC
works correctly and the panel IC reading drops and everything works as it
should.

If I now turn it off at the PS or Corsairs ON-OFF switch, then turn it ON, I'm
back to the exact conditions outlined in the first paragraph. And around and
around we go!. Help - I'm desperate!

A S...bucks gift certiicate awaits the responder who correctly diagnoses this
merry-go-round problem

Merry Christmas to all. joe k7mks