Re: [TenTec] Wanted: Ten-Tec Scout/Argo band module

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wanted: Ten-Tec Scout/Argo band module
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 09:53:19 -0600 (CST)
 Steve,

Thanks for that answer.  I think this will be an interesting little project,
but I know my own expertise isn't at that level yet.  Working on it!

73, ron w3wn

On 01/12/17, Steve Hunt wrote:

Ron,

That's difficult to answer without knowing the level of expertise
someone has. I reckon the design is pretty robust and reproducible, so
it's mostly down to the level of mechanical skill. I used "Manhattan"
prototyping construction for the boards; but I probably made life
difficult for myself by trying to squeeze it all in a pretty small space.

I need to dig deep into the unit to make the BFO switch-able between USB
and LSB for 60m operation; I'll try to take some photos as I go, and
upload them.

73,
Steve G3TXQ