Re: [TenTec] Omni-D relay clicks

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-D relay clicks
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 13:06:03 -0500
> Yes, there are a couple of ways to disable the amp keying relay. In
> one radio I soldered a jumper from the base of the relay driver
> transistor to ground.

A bit more work, but I break the trace from the relay's switching transistor
collector and bring it out to the amplifier keying jack.  In some cases, I've
replaced the switching transistor with a high-voltage NPN/Darlington type when
the amp key line is more than about 30VDC.  Then, the input to the transistor's
base resistor is moved to the Omni's "T" voltage bus.

This mod allows for fast QSK switching with proper sequencing if/when the day
comes when a QSK-capable amp is used.

Paul, W9AC