[TenTec] Orion II S meter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II S meter
From: garyh <k4mt1950@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 09:46:36 -0500
Dukes Hifi your absolutely correct.

I tried that adjustment and quickly saw the power output reading was wrong. I hooked up my wattmeter and set it to agree with actual power output.

I then played with AGC threshold and as I lowered the threshold the S meter dropped. I did see that I could not lower threshold below .35 on any AGC setting or I would have been able to ge meter back to zero. I have repaired many radios but this unusual AGC system made me do some thinking.

I did mark that pot before adjusting and noticed proper adjustment was in a different place than it was. Probably some previous owners screwdriver drift.

Thanks all and I am enjoying the Orion II . I would enjoy it more if Tentec service was more approachable. I worked for them for 5 years in the good times and really miss the culture of the old Tentec.

Thanks

Gary K4MT