Re: [TenTec] Failure mode for Omni VI oscillator assembly

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Failure mode for Omni VI oscillator assembly
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 14:10:05 -0600
There are some 20mhz tcxo modules on ebay that look like they might work
Can't beat the low price
Worth a shot
Paul K0UYA

-----Original Message----- From: Ken
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:22 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment

Pete -

I've got an Omni 6+ with an oven controlled oscillator that seems to fit
your description of a cooked out circuit.  Every 6 months or so I have
to re-tune the oscillator to keep on frequency.  I would like to replace
the OCXO with a TCXO but I understand Ten Tec no longer offers a mod
kit.  Therefore I am very interested in how you made the mod.  What DIP
package did you use and how did it perform?  Any hints or advice you can
give me would be appreciated.  I love my Omni 6+ but am irritated with
the frequent re-tuning of the master oscillator.  If I can successfully
mod my rig, I will provide my old OCXO to anyone who wants to
investigate it's failure.  Thanks...

Ken, K9PGC