[TenTec] G4PKT SL6440 Omni Product detector mod?

To: Tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] G4PKT SL6440 Omni Product detector mod?
From: jroberts <jroberts@prismnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:57:51 -0500

I ported a request for info on the old G4PKT product detector mod for Omni V/VI back in 2010.

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2010-06/msg00038.html

I figure that it is about time to run the request again, every six or seven years! hihi

After three years totally off the air, living in a near impossible spot in Downtown DC, I dug out my old recapped and tweaked up Omni V and fired it up with a whip on the fire escape.

Man, I love this old radio. Real class rig. I spent many hours with my nose insoiide the box recapping, adding ferrites, etc. I feel like I really "own" this one.

I tried most published mods and whipped up a few myself. I'd really like to give the SL6440 product detector a whirl since I have been dragging the chip around the country through 3 moves! VA-TX, TX-VA, VA-DC

Anybody have a schematic?

Joe N5KAT