Re: [TenTec] UPDATE: Status of Alpha RF Systems and TEN-TEC

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] UPDATE: Status of Alpha RF Systems and TEN-TEC
From: GARY HUBER <GLHuber@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 17:57:54 +0000
Rick, while I'm currently satisfied with my OMNI-VII w/ Flex-1500 sub-rx
(N4PY mod), Corsair II w/ 263G, 715, 253, and 425 (export), I know the
day will come that, I'll be looking for a new rig... it happens every
ten years or so (except for the Titan 425, Corsair II and 263G that I
can maintain or rebuild).  I'll turn 71 this May and I chase DX.  I need
the larger form factor in a rig and the CAT interface for the radio so
that freq, mode, time, are logged on the computer.  Features like I have
with the OMNI-VII w/ Flex-1500 sub-rx panadapter will be important, but
a sensitive, quiet, receiver, and clean, full QSK, 100 Watt transmitter
are necessary. Just keep it simple.. you can't work DX if you have to
keep referring to the manual while the pile-up builds.

73 ES DX,
Gary - AB9M