Re: [TenTec] Jupiter screen flickering

To: Roger Wells <n9rg@live.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter screen flickering
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 19:31:34 -0600
The illuminators typically cost me $70 with the driver boards included.

This board offers adjustable brightness.

It runs from 12 volts power and has a line that you can interface with the
existing brightness adjustment to vary the brightness.

It is far brighter than the CFL ever was.

I’d have to study the Jupiter schematic a bit to advise you on it but would be
willing to do so.

You would need to be comfortable with disassembling the actual display panel
and removing the CFL to put this in.

I have done this to several Orion’s whose original LED’s had died and the
results were excellent.

If you don’t want to tackle the task, I’d do it for $150 plus the part. It’s a
several hour job.

Gary