Re: [TenTec] Phishing Scam

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Phishing Scam
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 13:35:09 -0600 (CST)
 Andy,

Oh, where to start?

Some of the obvious signs that an email isn't exactly kosher...

Domain names that are "one off" -- slightly different name, .net instead of
.com, etc.
Allegedly from a bank or finance company you do not and never have done
business with
Informing you that you need to update your account information, just go to this
handy dandy link provided
Hover your mouse over the link.  If the email address doesn't even come close,
especially if it's a link to another country, its suspicious!
And...
Second, third, or more time that you've gotten the same email, almost word for
word, from a different alleged source.

I could go on, but let's not drift too far off.

73, ron w3wn