Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Rubbery crud on PCB

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Rubbery crud on PCB
From: Ken Brown <kenradiobrown@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 07:46:05 -1000
I recommend all who own Omni VI inspect their rigs to see whether they have
this stuff on them.

If they do remove each board that has it and use tiny tweezers and
dentist's picks to remove it. Wash with isopropal alcohol.

You can see it on the TX audio/BFO board just by opening the top of the
Omni VI. To check the XTAL osc board requires a lot more dissassembly,
since it is in the enclosure under the low level driver and FM boards.

It is a lot of work, and will require realignment of the BFOs at least, but
it could make the difference between your radio failing due to the
corrosion this stuff causes over the long term or not.

DE N6KB