[TenTec] Paragon, Scout and other TenTec items FS

To: TenTec List at contesting <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon, Scout and other TenTec items FS
From: "Ken, W8EK" <kenw8ek@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 18:13:00 -0400

TenTec Paragon, Scout, Crystal Filter, and Speech
Processor For Sale:
.
.
TenTec 585 Paragon HF Transceiver:

The Paragon is a top of the line transceiver that includes a
general coverage receiver. It covers 160-10 meters, including
WARC bands, with 100 watts output. The receiver is fantastic.
It has dual VFOs and many memories built in, along with a
speech processor. Basically, it has about every feature that
a ham could want in an HF rig.

This particular unit works 100% as best I can tell. Since the
rig does so many things, I am sure that there is something I
didn't use, but I don't know what it is (or I would have
tested it!). It has had all updates completed by TenTec.

I have said I would never sell this rig, because it is so good,
but I have not used it much recently, so it is time to find a
new home for it.

Cosmetically, it is in extremely nice shape. The front panel
is extremely good. Most all of the lettering is clean and
crisp. This one is in exceptional condition. It also has the
Giehl chip in it making it similar to a Paragon II.

Large manual and power cord included for $650.
.

.
TenTec Scout 555 HF transceiver

The TenTec Scout is a nice, small, compact 50 Watt
output radio for both CW and SSB.  It was made to be
simple to operate, and easy to run mobile, if that is
desired.  It features TenTec's great full break in QSK
on CW, and has really great low distortion audio on
SSB.  Of course it has digital readout.

This unit features a "Jones Filter" which permits one
to vary the bandwidth from about 2400 Hz for SSB down
to about 300 Hz for CW.  This is continuously variable
with a pot, so it can be adjusted to suit band conditions
very easily.  No need to buy extra filters for this rig!
It does need 13 V DC at about 10 amps.

Since the rig is small, it does not even have a band switch.
Instead it uses "modules" for each band.  These modules plug
into the front of the unit.  To change bands, one simply pops
one module out, and plugs another in.  Only takes a couple
seconds.  It can cover from 160 thru 10 meters, including the
WARC bands, by using the proper module.

This particular rig works fine, and looks really great.  It
includes a power cord, manual, and one non-WARC band
module of your choice.  $225

I have band modules for 80/75, 40, 30, 20, 17, and 10 meters.
Additional non-WARC band modules are $55 each if purchased
with the rig, or $65 if purchased separately. WARC band
modules are $5 additional.

Buy the Scout with all of the modules listed above for $500.

I will not sell the modules until after the rig is sold.
.

.
TenTec RF Speech Processor:

TenTec 715 RF Speech processor
The 715 processor goes in the mic audio line to process the
audio. It converts the audio to RF, processes it, then
converts it back to audio. This is the most effective way
to produce good quality audio with extra "punch". It easily
gives about 5 to 6 DB extra punch.
It includes a bar graph, and other enhanced features.
A 15 volt DC wall wart is included to power it.

This one works fine and looks like new, with no
scratches.

With paper work for $190.
.

.
TenTec 288 SSB filter

1800 Hz, used for narrow SSB, or wide CW, or for
digital modes, for the 6 MHz IF. Used in the Paragon,
Delta, newer Omnis, Orion I, and others. Like new,
with paper work for $75.
.

.

I also have many other accessories available such as many
different types of microphones, HTs, VHF and UHF rigs, HF
and VHF/UHF antennas, connectors, miscellaneous accessories,
etc.
Just too many to list here. Please e-mail your requests.

.
Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson