[TenTec] question:

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] question:
From: jack <jfriend31@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 13:49:08 -0600
My Original Orion has been back to Ten Tec twice and still does not work right.
Presently I cannot key an amplifier at all in CW mode. Turning on the AMP
circuit MENU>TX>Keying Loop 1 or Keying Loop 2 stops any keying output. Turning
off the keying loops allows CW keying to resume.

Also now and again the sub RX simply turns off. A full reset (turn on with VFB
LCK on then Turn on with MAIN RX/TX then turn off and back on again resets
everything and sub RX is back on. But one cannot guess when the sub RX will be
turning off again as it happens even while the Orion is on and being used.

Sometimes the sub RX does not turn on when one switches the Orion on after it
has been off  a while.

Any ideas why?

The above sub RX going off also happens on my Orion II same description.
Fortunately the Orion II does not quit keying CW with the Keying loop turned on.

I have replaced both batteries in the two machines in the last few months. One
is on the tuner, the other is behind the face plate.

If anyone has a solution to either of the above problems please reply to

Jfriend31@comcast.net or AK7O@arrl.net

TU and 73
Jack AK7O

Sent from Mail for Windows 10