Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 VS Orion 2 Backlight brightness swapping A9 boards

To: jon greenwood <n8mus@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 VS Orion 2 Backlight brightness swapping A9 boards makes no difference?
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 19:59:49 -0600
Your issue is to the display itself. As long as there are no dead pixels or
lines, the display is OK.

There are a few recommendations on various sites regarding this issue. However,
I have had excellent results replacing only the illuminator with devices I
obtain from “LCD Parts”.

I have used these in Orion’s, Icom 756 series and so on with excellent results.