[TenTec] Titan III Blowing Line Fuses

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Titan III Blowing Line Fuses
From: Bernie Skoch via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 13:09:30 -0500
I left my Titan III 417 on stand-by last night.

When I came in the shack this morning and flipped the "STANDY/OPERATE" switch
to OPERATE, the amp shut down.  When I fired it back up again the line fuse
blew.

I've pulled the HV rectifier board and see nothing unusual (I ohmed out the
diodes and checked the capacitors for shorts).  I also ohmed out the input
connector and get a resistance of about 3 megs, so I'm doubting a shorted diode
or capacitor there.

My next step is to pull the tubes, I suppose, and check for shorts there.

Anyone have any experience with this symptom?

73 and thanks.

Happy 2018, everyone.

Bernie