Re: [TenTec] 525 Manual

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 525 Manual
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:05:33 -0500
My thanks to everyone.  I have made arrangements for a manual, so no need to
trouble anyone else searching.

I think I may have a very unique Argosy.  Strictly speaking, it's not an Argosy
525... it is labeled as an "Amp Supply Company ASR-1".  (Silk screened on the
back as well as below the meter on the front panel) Until I saw this unit at
the Breezeshooter's Hamfest last June, I'd never even suspected that Amp Supply
had ever marketed a transceiver of any sort, let alone a relabeled Argosy.

Then again, maybe they didn't.  This one is marked as SN "001", so maybe there
weren't any others?  Out of curiosity, anyone with a long memory know for
certain?

...and, no, I didn't buy it back in June, although I think I may have mentioned
it back then.  I did get it this morning from the gentleman who DID buy it, and
the only thing we can tell you is that the seller had Ohio plates on his car,
so go figure...

73, ron w3wn