Re: [TenTec] Paragon 585

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon 585
From: Ken Brown <kenradiobrown@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 11:51:31 -1000
I have found that LED replacements for bayonet based lamps tend to be
somewhat directional. The light does not diffuse as evenly as from a
filament lamp. Maybe newer ons have improved on this.

It is annoying to have the regular incandescent lamps burn out, and that is
one of the motivations for changing to LEDs. Instead of going to LEDs, by
selecting a different lamp, rated for a slightly higher voltage, you can
get much longer life and barely noticeable reduction of brightness.

The DC power distribution on the Paragon 585 is mostly shown as 13.5V. I
have not found any reference in the manual that states the bulb type or
voltage. 13.5V would be a good guess. You could just look at the part
number on your old bulbs.

DE N6KB