Re: [TenTec] Parts

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Parts
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 08:30:08 -0400
Well Rich, at least they didn't flat out refuse to sell some to you.  THAT
would definitely be in the "not taking care of their old customers" category.

The reality is, this is not your father's Ten Tec.  And that is not by any
means a knock on Mike or his efforts to get Ten Tec (and Alpha as well) back
into viable companies.  I don't know how big the company is right now (nor
would there be any reason I could or should know) but I strongly suspect that
it's running on small staff.  So some things that a larger company could do at,
in effect, a break-even or small loss-leader cost, for the sake of good
customer relations, are simply not possible today.

(I'm sure YOU know all that, but not everyone on the list may)

But that is today.  Tomorrow, we can all hope, will be better.

Now... I don't know how much a ramp washer would cost.  Personally, since the
minimum order isn't THAT high, I'd order enough to cover the minimum, and then
offer the extras at cost plus shipping to people on the list.  You'd have your
washer, others would have them at a reasonable price, and everyone comes out
ahead.  But that's just me.  (Funny thing, I just did that same thing with some
Dell Windows 10 OEM DVD's, but that's another story...)

73, ron W3WN