Re: [TenTec] centurion

To: "Reflectors - TenTec@contesting.com Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, w3krq@dejazzd.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] centurion
From: David Propper <k2dp@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 21:28:05 -0500
There could be several causes:

1) check the transformer tap settings for the proper 220 range voltage,
2) are you running the amp on 220 vAC ?
3) one or two power supply HV filter caps may be  shorted
4) check the voltages with an accurate DMM, there is a calibration pot on the
inside of the front panel which will adjust the voltage reading on the amp’s
meter.  There was a run of the Centurions (23 years back) that had bad HV
xfmrs…..mine shorted out about 8-9 years ago. Fortunately, Ten Tec was still in
fine shape at that time and for a psaltry sum of money ($500) I received a
brand new HV xfmr.  You might have something brewing in  yours and it just has
not completely failed yet.

Good luck……….what really  matters is what is your Po into a 50 ohm load……. key
down you should get between 1100 and 1300 watts output (not pep)

Drop me a line if you have any questions. I have rebuilt my Centurion twice

73,
Dave, K2DP
St. Louis, MO