Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Output Power

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Output Power
From: MadScientist1948 <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 09:12:46 -0500
Drake TR7’s were also famous for that issue. Part aging and, I believe, aging
of ferrite materials in various coupling transformers resulted in drop of
output, In the TR7, that drop was more significant, dropping from a capability
of 50 watts on the low bands to around 75 watts on 10 meters, still barely
enough to be noticeable on the receiving end of the QSO.

73 and enjoy the Jupiter.

Gary