[TenTec] continuing: Omni 6+ no receive and very low power on 12/15 m

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] continuing: Omni 6+ no receive and very low power on 12/15 m
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 21:40:55 -0400
Hello all,

Several days ago, I reported my Omni 6+ had no power or receive on 12 meters and 15 meters.  From what I remembered and what I saw here, I thought it would be in the output filters.  I bought and received some replacement relays and installed them.  When I checked the ones I removed, they were fine.  Put it back together and fired it up, with the same results.

Tore into it again.  Made sure I had 12 volts on the connector terminal when the switch was on 15 meters.   I applied my external 12 volts to the dc input connector (#14?) and relays would click just fine.   Inspected the 15 meter trace under a magnifier and checked the 100 ohm R's on one end of the 12 volt buss and the inductors on the other end.  In the selected filter, all L and C components looked to have nice shiny and clean solder joints.    I removed all caps specific to the 15 meter filter and checked them.  I removed everything but the inductors specific to 15 meters

My actual power is about 1 watt out, not totally zero.

What else might cause this issue?  I'm confident I've done all I can on the LP filter board.  Or, does someone have a suggestion?

73 de Steve, NR4M