Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq Adj

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq Adj
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 14:58:55 -0500
I've found it is necessary to set the BFO oscillators first. A key is to adjust
to the frequency and in the exact sequence as published. You may need to do
this 3 or 4 times as I've found some interaction between adjustments.  Be sure
to adjust all modes, even ones you may not use.

Once done place the radio in CW transmit and adjust the Master Oscillator such
that the display indicates the measured transmit frequency.  20 meters
preferred.

Check all bands in CW mode and note the errors. You will have to accept one
setting of the
Master Oscillator minimize the errors. Don't expect to get it absolutely
correct on every band. Usually +/- 50 Hz is about normal.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone