[TenTec] Electrolytic capacitors, leakage and reasons for why we must ha

To: "WB6TNF handyjimbo@yahoo.com [DrakeRadio]" <DrakeRadio@yahoogroups.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Electrolytic capacitors, leakage and reasons for why we must handle them the way we do
From: MadScientist1948 <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 13:28:48 -0500
While searching for info on testing some new electrolytics, I found this
exceptional site describing, in readable terminology, everything you ever
wanted to know about aging, reforming, leakage etc. in electrolytic capacitors.

I’d share this with the CCA reflector as well but I am no longer welcome there
since I deal only in facts and not folklore, as is common there, especially
within the inner circle. Oh well, their loss…

Reading this article will make understanding the behavior of electrolytics
second nature. Therefore I thought it worth sharing.

https://tadiranbatteries.de/pdf/applications/leakage-current-properties-of-modern-electrolytic-capacitors.pdf

<https://tadiranbatteries.de/pdf/applications/leakage-current-properties-of-modern-electrolytic-capacitors.pdf>

73

Gary