Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ S meter troubleshooting

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ S meter troubleshooting
From: MadScientist <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 08:27:27 -0600
Remove the meter from the radio (easy).

Peel the front cover off (only Scotch tape holds it in place!).

With a jeweler’s screwdriver, turn the pivot tension adjustment screw 1/4 turn
CCW.

Reverse the disassembly process.

From my personal experience, a lot of Ten Tec S meters suffered from this sort
of binding, likely due to some damage to the wear surfaces. This simple
adjustment corrects the sticking but is not sufficient to adversely affect
meter operation.

Gary

W0DVN