Re: [TenTec] list opinion(s) on Omni VII and/versus Orion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] list opinion(s) on Omni VII and/versus Orion
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 19:08:33 +0000
On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:47 PM Byron Cordes via TenTec <
tentec@contesting.com> wrote:

> Nothing wrong with the stock second rx for general rx in the Orion but do
> you really want one in your contest quality Ham Radio?

That seems a bit harsh.  I was a serious contester in a previous life and
used that stock second receiver all the time from 2004-2008.  Yes, the
stock subreceiver had some issues with very strong signal handling (but
only occasionally noticeable and only on lowband CW) but so did the RX366.

73 Barry N1EU