Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ S meter troubleshooting

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ S meter troubleshooting
From: MadScientist <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 18:09:50 -0600
Join the club on S meter calibration.

Not a single radio I have e ver seen had good S meter linearity until Ten Tec
came up with the multipoint calibration, a process that stores a “graph” of S
meter reading vs input microvolts (assuming 50 Ohm terminations).

I assume that the fully DSP and direct conversion radios do something similar…

Gary

W0DVN