Re: [TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone
From: Carlos <carlos.peco@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 14:13:55 +1100
mmm... digital noise from the frequency counter?

Can you cut the DC suply to that module and tell us what happens?

73,
Carlos VK1EA

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019, <forum4ll@verizon.net> wrote:

> Happy New Year everyone!
>
> This Omni-D that I've been working has an annoying tone that can be heard
across all bands and it is in the background. It measures about 1khz and
will vary harmonically when I slowly turn the VFO thus changing the 100s
hertz digit in the display. The waveform changes back and forth between a
sinusoidal and a rough sawtooth. I can mask this tone by turning up the Rf
gain but its still there. It is pronounce when the Rf gain is turned down.

> Does anyone know what the problem might be?  Could it be in the VFO or
possibly the IF section?

> Lyman KK6LPW
> Happy New Year Everyone!
>
> This Omni-D transceiver I'm working on has a 1 khz tone that I can hear
in the background. It is fairly constant across all bands and across the
frequency. It will vary in volume and it can be masked by turning the Rf
gain up but it's always there. When I rotate the dial slowly to change the
first digit (hz digit) on the display, the wave form will from a sine to a
sawtooth and back.