Re: [TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone (MadScientist)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone (MadScientist)
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 14:25:45 -0500
I am curious if the radio always had the tone in the background?

If it is something that has recently increased, I'd check the PC board
mounting screws, and also be suspicious of any electrolytic caps on the
13.8 volt rail that may be developing a high ESR.

I had an Omni VI that had "zipper noise" whenever the main tuning was
moved. Ended needing to add an  electrolytic cap across the Vcc and Gref
pins on the AD DSP chip.

Pete