[TenTec] AGC

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] AGC
From: john marks via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 18:26:45 +0000 (UTC)
Have a time with the CW audio on my Omni 6. It’s as if the AGC isn’t working;
but, When I’m listening to SSB it seems to be working OK in either the fast or
slow setting. With CW, however, the initial attack is deafening and harsh
especially with headphones. I wind up doing everything manually with RF gain to
try and control the audio.I do have the level 1 mods with dsp, but I really
havn’t found any help with from those.
Suggestions?  Is it just the nature of the rig? Mine is the only Omni 6 I have
ever operated.
ThanksJohn. KM4CH