Re: [TenTec] Omni-C Power Switch Challenge

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-C Power Switch Challenge
From: James Boswell <jboswell@nrao.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 12:48:18 -0700
On 3/8/2019 11:56 AM, Jim C wrote:
Hello All,

My first post to this group since about 1998 or so!

I recently acquired an Omni-C.

*       Cosmetically perfect
*       Mechanically/Electrically, fantastic except for one thing..it is
always on.

The push/pull power switch has no effect on the rig.  Just stays on as long
as power is supplied.

Looking for some advice before I open her up.

Thank you, es 73,

Jim Crites

W6JIM

Jim,
That power switch is connected to the two center pins of the 4 pin power connector. They turn on the AC voltage on the power supply. The radio will be constantly on unless you use a relay to switch the DC power input. I own two Omni-C and I just use the Anderson power pole connectors to turn the power on and off.
      I hope this helps, the Omni C are great radios.

     73'S de KA5SIW

      James B. Boswell                           JBoswell@NRAO.edu