Re: [TenTec] Omni-6+ QSK Question

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-6+ QSK Question
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 17:00:11 -0400
And if that doesn't work, remove Plug 52.  Plug 52 is engaging a CMOS 4066
quad bilateral switch.  The switch is used to insert a constant level
sidetone irrespective of the AF setting.  Removing Plug 52 allows the AF
control to adjust sidetone level and you still have the ability to adjust
the sidetone level in relation to the receiver audio mix.  It should make a
significant difference, especially when listening with headphones.

Paul, W9AC