Re: [TenTec] TenTec Centaur Model 411

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Centaur Model 411
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 10:41:37 -0400
bud,

a simple test

unplug the secondary of the transformer from the power supply filter caps

replace fuses and try to power it up. if the fuses hold, the capacitors/diodes
are at fault

If fuses blow, then suspect transformer

how are you checking the capacitors and diodes?

There is a shorting bar that drops across the plate of one of the tubes, it’s
possible that something as simple as a loose screw may have cause the shorting
bar to in fact short.

if you have the amp on 110V ac mains, a old 100 w light bulb in series with the
power lead will keep you from popping fuse after fuse. If there is a short, the
light will go full on, and without taking out the fuse.

Mike, WB8VGE
www.theheathkitshop.com