Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI+, No Xmit on 15m & 17m

To: "mail@ecrites.com" <mail@ecrites.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI+, No Xmit on 15m & 17m
From: Carlos <carlos.peco@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 08:00:25 +1000
Well, it seems that RF is being generated but it finds no way to leave the
radio.

I would check the LPF board's relays as Gary pointed out.

73,
Carlos VK1EA

On Sunday, April 28, 2019, Jim C <1291jim@gmail.com> wrote:
> Current consumption is high, even at low settings.
>

> As I increase the power, it jumps from 5 amps to 20 as the power dial
reaches about the 40% position (1100 or 1200).

> Then if I increase power past that, the safety in the Ten Tec power
supply kicks in and turns everything off.

tentec@contesting.com>
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI+, No Xmit on 15m & 17m
>

> Hi Jim,
>
> Does the current consumption go up as you turn the power knob to the
right? I'm thinking of an issue in the LPF filter as Gary mentions.

1291jim@gmail.com> > wrote:
>> Here are the symptoms.  Thanks for your advice in advance!
>>

>> *       All is well except for 15 and 17
>> *       On these bands, No transmit, but receive is fine
>> *       No indication of power-out on rig meter or outboard watt-meter,
CW &