Re: [TenTec] Scout 555: power goes down as frequency goes up

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout 555: power goes down as frequency goes up
From: MadScientist <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 22:40:53 -0500
Does your Scout have the FET driver transistors or the bipolar?

Can you measure current drawn by the radio when transmitting?

If so, check to see if the current draw on the weak bands is the same or higher
than on the strong bands.

As it happens, the signal going through the driver stage can get distorted
(harmonic distortion) and these harmonics go into the final  but not out the
low pass filter, so all that lost signal is lost as heat in the final and LPF.

Gary

Sent from my iPad