[TenTec] Omni D "tranceive/receive" switch

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D "tranceive/receive" switch
From: tfr001@myfairpoint.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 18:16:36 -0400
Hi All,
I was having some intermittent receive problems with my Omni D, so I starting
fiddling with that "tranceive/receive" switch on the back. That seemed to help,
but.... the bloody thing broke loose from the back of the radio and fell
inside! It's now dangling by the wires inside the compartment with all of the
lowpass filters. It was apparently held in place by a piece of plastic that
broke. Looks like a real pain to get at. Any shortcuts here? I'm probably going
to have to dis-assemble part of the chassis to get at it. I have had the
lowpass filter board out before... that was a pain, too... you have to
dis-assemble the band switch. The good news is I can get it to receive, at
least a test signal, by wiggling the switch around down in there, so the
problem was apparently something to do with that.
-Tom N1OOQ