[TenTec] Paragon 585

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon 585
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 13:01:49 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Gents
Some bad news i'm afraid, back to the dreaded PLL unlock message again.
It only happened after I had done a total resolder of the minor loop pcb, so I
sucked off all the new solder looking for mistakes, in case I had made any,
nope, then did the resolder again.
I am now wondering if another IC has failed or if I have over cooked one.
I resoldered the ref pcb and the major loop board but I didn't cure the fault
that I have inadvertently put on.
So I have given it up for today, pending the brain cell having a break from it.
All outputs from the ref board are correct, got the input of 2,7mHz back into
the ref board
Stumped!
73
Snowy