Re: [TenTec] Jupiter sweep/sensitivity question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter sweep/sensitivity question
From: Ed Lawson <elawson@grizzy.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 14:50:53 -0500
On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:37:21 -0600
Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net> wrote:

> When the scan mode is activated, the receiver AGC is set to off mode
> in order to provide increased gain for the signals to be displayed.
> When the scan is completed the receiver AGC is returned to the
> original value.

Bob:

On mine the change remains after the sweep is complete.  It does not
return to pre-sweep gain level.  I was being sloppy when I used
sensitivity to describe change in audio.

Guess I should play with controls to see if I can duplicate effect.
More a curiosity for me than anything as I enjoy the rig as is.

--
Ed Lawson
Ham Callsign:         K1VP