Re: [TenTec] Need 509 schematic

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need 509 schematic
From: <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 08:46:43 +0100
GM Jim,

You've received some bogus information.
There is no such thing as 'a' schematic of the 509, and the 208 was not
built in.
It was built into some of the later 100w transceivers.

The 509 Manual has a 1 or 2 page description of each printed circuit board
at the back of the manual.  Each of these descriptions show the schematic of
that specific board.  BUT THERE IS NO PAGE FOR THE 208!
REASON:  The 208 was a separate product and sold separately.  It has its own
manual.  It connects to an accessory jack on the rear panel of the 509.

There is also an overall wiring diagram showing the interconnection of each
of the printed circuit boards.  This is also very useful for tracing
signals.

I have a private collection of Ten-Tec manuals and have manuals for about
90+ % of every model ever built by Ten-Tec, but I do not have the Model 208
CW Filter.

IF ANYONE has a manual or even a schematic for the model 208 Filter, please
send it.

JIM:  SUGGESTION:   If you do not find a schematic of the 208, just build a
filter using later model suggestions.

I have placed manuals for the 509 and Models 224 and 244 Audio Filters on my
web, here:
https://www.dj0ip.de/ten-tec-stuff/manuals/

73,
Rick, DJ0IP