[TenTec] 585 paragon

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 585 paragon
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 17:03:52 +0000 (UTC)
Good Afternoon Gents from a blustery UK
I have recently acquired another 585 to repair the one that I have been having
a multitude of problems with.
This one is in better condition than the original one so I am going to work on
this one instead.
!st problem is the 'S' meter, no movement even on very strong signals, I have
investigated the IF/AF board, connector 58, knowing that movement on and off
sometimes clears these faults, but it didn't this time.
next is to give the 2 x 'S' meter pots a wiggle along their tracks and see if
that works.
2nd fault is the display comes on only after I turn the VFO knob after switch
on.
3rd fault, the battery does charge, so I look at that.
In all I am pleased as this one is working and not showing the dreaded PLL
UNLOCK message on screen
Any clues as to where to look  to cure these problems.
Thanks in anticipation
Snowy G0HZE