[TenTec] Start up issue with Orion 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Start up issue with Orion 2
From: Barry Simpson <vk2bj@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 11:55:35 +1000
Within the last few days, my O2 has had audio issues when first switched on.

What happens is that a low level of continuous clicking occurs either from
the headphones or loudspeaker, whichever is connected. The rig may then
boot up normally after a few seconds or it might not.

Switching it off and on again seems to overcome the problem.

I am guessing that the issue might be the power board capacitor problem.

I do have a full set of new capacitors ready to install but before I
undertake the surgery, I wonder if anyone can either confirm my diagnosis
or suggest that something else might be the cause.

Thanks in advance and 73

Barry Simpson  VK2BJ