Re: [TenTec] Argosy 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 2
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 18:30:27 +0100 (BST)

Thanks Mike and James

Will look into that tomorrow, I have during the day taken all the voltages as shown on page 3-20 on the SSB module and whilst most are as indicated there are some anomalies, for instance Q4 RX collector shows 3.911v should be 4.9v, TX shows 0.035v should be 4.7v, base RX should be 0.05v shows 0.004v TX should be 0.05v shows 0.774v, Emitter RX should be 0v, shows 0v.

U1, RX pin 1 shows <2.5v should be 5.18v, Tx pin 1 shows 0.3v should be 4.93
             pin 2 shows 0v correct, TX shows 0.27v should be 2.79v
             pin 3 as it should be 0v
             pin 4 shows 0v, correct, TX shows 0v should be 2.04v
pin 5 shows 5.2v should be 5.18v, TX shows 5.2v should be 4.93v pin 6 shows 7.52 should be 7.54v, TX shows 7.2v should be 7.14v pin 7 shows 7v should be 0v,TX shows 0.580v should be 8.29v pin 8 shows 7.52v should be 7.54, TX shows 7.52v should be 7.14v

I hope that IC CA3053 is not faulty as they are few and far between, those that are available are mega expensive.

I do hope I haven't bored the pants of you gents but getting a little frustrated at my lack of knowledge of this radio, I have 2 more to look at after this one, oh dear, I will be hairless at the end of it. hi hi.

stay well and healthy

73

Snowy G0HZE