[TenTec] Argosy2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy2
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 14:05:59 +0100 (BST)

Good Afternoon Gents

Many thanks to Al, Ken, Bill and others

The problem with the mic has now been resolved, it was a combination of duff transistors, wrong transistor (Q1) fitted and the usual dry joints, strange that many components were standing proud of the PCB, when I was doing the suggestion of desoldering R15 the other end of R15 swung around in the solder pad.

So I replaced or refitted all of these components and the voltages appeared correct, still no audio from the mic, so retuned the 9mHz caps c1 to c3, the adjusted the carrier balance, partial success, no tx on ssb, now for the mic, checked both mics for O/C, nope not that, then I remembered that the connection next to terminal 42 was reversed, so I did that and it was sorted.

Attached my Step-Pir vertical and immediately started to resolved CW but no matter how strong the signal the (G)uess meter just twitched, so that's the next problem to deal with.

Adjusting the zero pot made no difference, going to check the voltages tomorrow.

Unless in all of the knowledge that is out there somebody has met this problem and resolved it.

thanks once again to all

stay well and healthy

73

Snowy G0HZE